'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Pick P&G
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Tuesday evening:
Capital Trust (CT): "I'm not against these companies, but they do require a massive amount of homework in order to feel comfortable. I can't recommend them, but if you've done the homework, then OK."LDK Solar (LDK): "It's done well without me. I like First Solar (FSLR) and Applied Materials (AMAT) and I'm sticking with those." Diana Shipping (DSX): "I like the shipping industry, but I like Nordic American Tanker Shipping (NAT) and Frontline (FRO). I think both of those are winners. I don't want to go further down the food chain." Navios Maritime (NM): "I'm not going to stick my neck out on this one. I want to see the numbers first." Procter & Gamble (PG): "I've been puzzled with why this one is going down. Proctor has raw cost problems, but it has superior technology. I think Proctor is right to buy here." Capstone Turbine (CPST): "No, too speculative for me. If I want turbines, I'm going with Caterpillar (CAT). I can't get behind yours after a double."
Jim Cramer writes about all the stock trades in his charitable trust for TheStreet.com in Action Alerts Plus. Recent stocks he's traded in this account include Schering-Plough (SPG), Yamana Gold (AUY) and Abbott Laboratories (ABT). *For all you home-gamers, a 'mon-back opportunity means Cramer would back up the figurative truck and load up on a stock. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing by clicking here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV