TSC Power Stock Rankings: Apple
During the week of May 19,
TheStreet.com readers searched for the following 10 stocks more than any others. This week saw two new entrants to the mix as
Broadwind Energy and
(NUE) drew investors attention. As he does each week, research associate Patrick Schultz makes the Buy, Sell or Hold call on them below, in the order of their popularity.
Top Ten Most Searched Stocks on TheStreet.com
2. Petrobras (PBR): This is the most exciting and dynamic energy company on the globe. Forget about Exxon Mobil (XOM). Don't bore me with Chevron (CVX). The key tell in global energy markets is now Petrobras. It seems they announce a monster oil discovery off their coast every few weeks. The recent Tupi oil field discovery will reward shareholders for generations. However, recent trading in PBR sent shares to extremely overbought levels. I want to own this company, but I will not pay anything over $67. Wait for that level if you don't own it already. -- HOLD3. Freeport McMoRan (FCX): From now on, when I say copper you say FCX. It is the best-positioned copper play in the group, and demand for its product is through the roof. Copper goes into everything this global boom produces and demands. So, I say copper, you say... -- BUY 4. First Solar (FSLR): This best-of-breed solar play is building a trading base in the $260-$300 range. I would use this consolidation trading to build up long positions. For the fast-trader types, buy some in the mid- to low $260s (with a tight stop below $260) and take the fast money on a run above $290. -- BUY 5. Broadwind Energy (BWEN): This spec stock is a pure play on wind energy and has had a spectacular recent run. It is not surprising to see so much speculation in alternative energy sources given the persistent and stubborn high prices for energy. I do think BWEN is a very good speculative investment, but with three key caveats: 1) Understand that this is a very speculative stock and will have heart-stopping moves (up and down)
2) Be very price sensitive, and don't just pay any price (I like it in the $18 area).
3) This is not a buy and hold stock. Be quick to take profits or stop loss. -- HOLD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV