Small-Cap Winners & Losers: USAir
Tronox (TRX), which makes titanium dioxide pigment, announced cost increases for the second quarter and said it would cut 13% of its workforce and suspend its pension plan. Shares dropped 14.7% to $3.07.
On the winning side, shares of Ixys (IXYS) gained 18.5% to $9.42. The company said it made a non-GAAP profit of $5.5 million, or 17 cents a share, in the fourth quarter, a substantial increase from income of $1.7 million, or a nickel a share, a year ago.
Finally, Hibbett Sports (HIBB), a Birmingham, Ala.-based sporting goods retailer, saw shares shoot up 15.5% to $20.59. The company posted income of $9.4 million, or 32 cents a share, vs. $10.2 million, or 32 cents a share, a year ago. The Street was looking for 27 cents a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV