Top Rocket Stocks: Coldwater Creek
Updated from 5:34 a.m. EDT
Don't even think about playing in the Beat the Street trading contest if you're going to trade the Wal-Marts (WMT) or Microsofts (MSFT) of the world. While I believe both could be solid long-term investments, the key in a competitive stock-picking contest is to focus on two main strategies: snapbacks and breakouts.
Hedge funds that focus on short-term trading have modeled out the various types of snapbacks and breakouts that occur. For this week, I've set up a Rocket Stocks portfolio that focuses on the stocks most likely to succeed for the week.
Last week was brutal, with the market dropping over 400 points for the week, but this recent decline in stocks has created some great opportunities.Before I talk about this week's Rocket Stocks, let's see how last week's picks performed.
- Echelon (ELON): Finished the week down 10%.
- CDC (CHINA): Finished the week down 13%.
- China GreenTech (GRRF): Finished the week down 15%.
- China Sunergy (CSUN): Finished the week down 19%.
- Ensco (ESV): Finished the week down 3%.
- Anadarko (APC): Finished the week down 2%.
- Goldman Sachs (GS): Finished the week down 7%.
- Tesoro (TSO): Finished the week down 5%.
- Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE): Finished the week down 8%.
- Ram Energy Resources (RAME): Finished the week up 29%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV