Top Five Small-Cap Stocks: Balchem
Looking ahead, Natus increased its revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2008 and now anticipates revenue to range from $161 million to $162 million. Earnings per share are expected to be in the range of 70 cents to 72 cents for the full fiscal year, while guidance for the second quarter anticipates EPS in the range of 14 cents to 15 cents. This guidance does not include the potential impact of the Sonamed acquisition, which is expected to close by the end of May 2008. Bear in mind that the company's stock price has surged 35.13% over the last year and is now trading at a price that is somewhat expensive when compared to the rest of the industry. We do, however, feel that the company does not currently have any significant weaknesses and that its strengths justify the higher stock price levels.
Our quantitative rating is based on a variety of historical fundamental and pricing data and represents our opinion of a stock's risk-adjusted performance relative to other stocks.
However, the rating does not incorporate all of the factors that can alter a stock's performance. For example, it doesn't always factor in recent corporate or industry events that could affect the stock price, nor does it include recent technology developments and competitive dynamics that may affect the company.
For those reasons, we believe that a rating alone cannot tell the whole story and that it should be part of an investor's overall research.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV