Thursday's Winners & Losers: Salesforce.com
Shares of Salesforce.com (CRM) gained $4.34, or 6.9%, to $67.01 after it raised full-year guidance and reported strong revenue growth in the first quarter. First-quarter revenue grew 52% to $247.6 million, and topped Street expectations of $235.8 million. Profit grew to $9.6 million, or 8 cents a share, from $730,000, or 1 cent a share, a year ago. Analysts were expecting EPS of 7 cents. For the full year, Salesforce.com said it expects revenue to range from $1.06 billion to $1.065 billion, up from a previous projection of $1 billion to $1.02 billion and better than analysts' estimates of $1.045 billion in revenue.
Video-games retailer GameStop (GME) lost $3.39, or 6.7%, to $47.45 after the company offered guidance that failed to impress investors. For the second quarter, GameStop said it expects EPS to range from 26 cents to 28 cents compared to earnings of 14 cents the year before. Analysts are looking for EPS of 26 cents. GameStop said full-year EPS could be range from $2.30 to $2.39. That compares to Street expectations of $2.33.
Meanwhile, shares of Houston-based ExpressJet Holdings (XJT), which operates airline Continental Express, fell 42.5% to $1.57. The company said it would cut back on its schedule by 30%, citing higher fuel prices.
On the deal front, Myriad Genetics (MYGN)shares rose after the company announced an agreement with Danish company Lundbeck A/S worth up to $350 million. Lundbeck, which markets the second most prescribed Alzheimer's drug in Europe, Ebixa (called Namenda in the U.S.), will pay Myriad $100 million upfront for outside-the-U.S. rights to Myriad's late-stage Alzheimer's drug Flurizan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV