Dykstra's Deep-in-the-Money Call: Citigroup
Down doesn't necessarily mean out. That is a point I have tried to emphasize in my columns throughout the years.
No one exemplifies this better than Jon Lester. Lester is certainly not a household name, but his story is a great one. The 24-year-old lefty pitched the first no-hitter in the Bigs this season last night, topping the Kansas City Royals by a score of 7-0.
Lester, who pitches for the Boston Red Sox and won the final game of the 2007 World Series, survived large cell lymphoma in late 2006. It is now in remission. Lester is a winner and didn't let his difficult circumstances stop him from climbing to the top.
This is a great story that applies to sports, life and the markets.Today I'm going with Citigroup (C). The company is a heavy hitter and one that has gotten knocked around in the last few months. Things have been so bad for the company, it is trading at its lowest levels in almost a decade. In fact, it hit its 52-week low of $17.99 in mid-March and is still trading well below its highest point ($55.53) in the last year. It closed at $22.99 on Monday and is off 58% in the last year. Even with all its subprime problems, it's hard to believe we can grab shares of Citigroup at such a steal, but now is the time to get in this game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV