This Week's ETF Winners & Losers
A number of exchange-traded funds gained ground for the week, and those tracking energy and oil ranked among the best performers.
The Oil Service HOLDRs (OIH) rose 3.9% over the past five days, and the PowerShares Dynamic Oil & Gas Services (PXJ) fund tacked on 4%. The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Energy Sector (IYE) and Ultra Oil & Gas ProShares (DIG) spiked 4.3% and 7.9%, respectively.
While crude oil saw erratic day-to-day movements, repeatedly hitting new record highs before succumbing to profit-taking, in the end it reaped gains for the week, ending at $126.29 a barrel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV