Cramer on Top Searched Stocks: Deere
Updated from 9:34 a.m. EDT
As expected, the Labor Department reported yesterday that applications for jobless benefits rose slightly last week. New York had the biggest rise in such claims due in large part to layoffs in the transportation and service industries while neighboring New Jersey experienced one of the largest statewide declines in jobless benefit claims.
The market interpreted the report as an indication the labor market remains weak but in check. The report follows a slight drop in jobless claims in the week prior.
CBS (CBS) also made headlines with its announcement to acquire CNET (CNET), an online technology news and entertainment company. The $1.75 billion deal is expected to close in the third quarter, and CBS is hoping the acquisition will bolster its online presence.Meanwhile, General Electric (GE) plans to auction off its appliance unit for $5 billion to $8 billion. The appliance unit, hurt in large part by the housing slump and high metal prices, accounts for only about 4% of the conglomerate's $173 billion annual revenue.
TSC's Top 10 Most Searched Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV