Dykstra's Deep-in-the-Money Call: Morgan Stanley
Good teams win, but great teams know when to pounce and when to play it cool. It's an essential element of all true champions, but is something that just won't show up in the box score.
Some people call it a killer instinct, but it's much more than that -- especially when it comes to investing. I consider it a combination of intelligence, passion, foresight and hard work. Knowing the situation, fully understanding the task at hand and executing are the main ingredients.
There's no denying that some of my picks are layups. Those are the ones that no matter how you slice it, you know they will line your pockets with cash. They are the no-brainers.
Then there are other types of picks -- like the one today -- that may give some readers pause on first glance, but shouldn't. They are equally as solid and will help ring the cash register just the same. This is where the killer instinct comes in.Morgan Stanley (MS) is a great company that has been knocked around unmercifully. Now is the time to pounce! The stock is off more than 13% so far this year and a crazy 44% in the last year. It closed down $1.04 to end the session at $46.54 on Tuesday. It is well above its 52-week low of $33.56, which it hit in March. However, it is nowhere near its 12-month high-water mark of $90.95 a share Dykstra: Bank on Morgan Stanley for a Win
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV