Check Out Your Checking Account Options
You probably have a checking account or two, but chances are you haven't paid much attention to it recently.
Well, this might be a good time to re-examine your account to see whether it's really right for you. When considering your checking options, make sure you pay attention to the fees and other details in the fine print before you make your first deposit.
Look in particular for the following terms:
Monthly MaintenanceVery few institutions actually admit that they charge a flat fee for their checking accounts. However, a "maintenance" fee often lurks in the background. The fee is frequently on the order of $10 to $20, and is charged monthly unless certain criteria are met -- typically a required minimum balance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV