Tar Heel Stock-Picking: National Oilwell Varco, Atwood Oceanics
While the Tar Heels may be a best known college basketball program, there's another team at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that's worth looking at.
UNC's Applied Investment Management (AIM) program enables the school's best and brightest MBAs to mange over $1 million in real
AIM Quick Facts
According to AIM student Tom Shohfi, UNC's AIM program is one of the oldest student-run investment funds in the country. The program's original fund, the aptly named Reynolds Fund, was started with "tobacco money in the early 1950s." The class of 2008 managed two funds in the AIM program (the Reynolds Fund and the Cherry Hill Fund), valued at just over $1.3 million. While other schools sometimes allow students to use
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV