'Mad Money Lightning Round': Torn on Level 3 Communications
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Thursday evening:
Level 3 Communications (LVLT): "I'm torn on this one. It went up, then down, and while this last quarter was good, I won't bless it until I see one more good quarter."Polyone Corp (POL): "Vinyl is a hard business that's tied to crude prices. No, I can't recommend that one." Immersion (IMMR): "Another hardware, software tech company. I've got too many of those, I can't go there." Sprint Nextel (S): "I think you should hold onto Sprint. I think they're going to get bought. It's OK, but it's speculative only." Sigma Designs (SIGM): "I thought this one couldn't miss, but the quarter wasn't there. There have been some stinky tech stocks out there. I just can't go back." Koppers Holdings (KOP): "Oh man, any company that's levered to railroads is a buy, buy, buy. I'm reiterate my buy right here." Oshkosh Truck (OSK): "Oh my, this was the most reliable company in the world and they just lost it. It is not working. I'm not touching it." *For all you home-gamers, a 'mon-back opportunity means Cramer would back up the figurative truck and load up on a stock. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing by clicking here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV