Nine Questions About Investment Risk
During the five-year ascent from the trough of the 2000-2002 bear market to the market peak of October 2007, there seemed scant reason to worry about investment risk. But the market downturn brought about by the credit crunch and weakened economy has driven home the fact that the concept of risk is ignored at an investor's peril.
So how much do you know about measuring risk? Here is a nine-question investment quiz to test -- and possibly enhance -- your knowledge of the concepts of investment risk.
Feel free to use the many features available on TheStreet.com to help you answer the questions. A great place to start your quest is the "Search" box at the top of TheStreet.com.
Another great resource available on our Website is a glossary of definitions and explanations of financial and investment terms. Just roll-over the "Portfolio Tools" tab at the top of the site and select "Glossary" (or simply click here).This investment trivia quiz is a self-test, so keep your own score. Ready? Good luck! Question 1: What is the most basic measurement of investment risk? Basic measure of risk can be applied to any number of different types of investments, such as individual stocks and bonds, a group of stocks, a combination of bonds, or a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV