'Mad Money Lightning Round': Avoid Synaptics
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Wednesday evening:
Synaptics (SYNA): "I am not a fan of touchscreens. It's too much of a commodity. Stay away from that group."Methanex (MEOH): "This stock has been so cheap for so long I don't know what to say. I can't get behind it. This group is hard, let's just go with DuPont (DD) or Dow Chemical (DOW)." Dolan Media (DM): "These are specialized business publications. I liked it when it IPO'd, but I don't like anything media right now." Tesoro (TSO): "No, no, we're not recommending any refiners right now. The margins are horrible here. They're getting squeezed. You can go with Marathon Oil (MRO) but that's it." Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI): "One year and 79 days the FCC has been holding up this merger. Enough is enough; it's an outrage. Sirius should be bought. " World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): "I was concerned with the quarter, but the number was fine and I say its two thumbs up. WWE rocks." Akamai Technologies (AKAM): "That's old technology. I'd take profits there and invest in some new tech like Eaton (ETN) and Parker Hannifin (PH) and go where the excitement is." ONEOK Partners (OKS): "I've always liked that one. That's a good situation. I like these stocks and their yields. " Spartan Motors (SPAR): "No, no, this is an under-performer. They can't deliver in this environment. I'm sorry."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV