20 Minutes With Warren Buffett
Some call him the "Oracle of Omaha." Some just call him Mr. Buffett. Whatever you call him, one thing's for sure: getting an audience with the world's richest man (according to Forbes) is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Here's a recap of the meeting the students at San Diego State University's Montezuma Money Management (MMM) had with super-investor Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A) annual meeting this Saturday, May 3.
'A Cultural Experience'
"The trip was amazing... We really had a great time," says Dave Seaton, MMM's CEO.Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholder meeting is part high-level debriefing, part spectacle. Forbes' Robert Lenzner referred to it as, "Mecca for investors." Indeed, the call for this pilgrimage is a strong one. Omaha's Qwest Center saw 31,000 shareholders gather last weekend to hear what Buffett and his team had to say. "It was a cultural experience," explains Seaton. "One of the things that was really neat for me was going to a place like Omaha, and immediately, every taxicab you get into, every restaurant owner you run into, all of them are normal people that are multi-millionaires because they've been investing in Berkshire Hathaway for the last 10 or 20 years. Pretty much the whole community is built around Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway." The meeting's glitzy side wasn't lost on Seaton and his fellow students, though. "Some people call it the Woodstock of capitalism, but it's true," says Seaton, "it's really a whole rock star event." "On Sunday night," recalls Seaton, "we went out to dinner, and Bill Gates
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV