Stockpickr's Activist Track Stocks
Icahn also is pushing for Enzon Pharmaceuticals (ENZN) to sell itself.
The pharmaceutical company is definitely worth watching. In addition to Icahn's push, DellaCamera Capital sent a letter to Enzon in which the activist hedge fund said it is unhappy with the compensation granted to Enzon Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Buchalter. DellaCamera further called for the resignation of Goran A. Ando, Rolf A. Classon and Victor P. Micati, all members of Enzon's compensation committee.
Next on the list is Circuit City (CC). Dallas-based hedge fund HBK Investments is urging Circuit City to allow due diligence by Blockbuster (BBI), following Blockbuster's acquisition proposal. HBK also urged Circuit City's board to create a competitive bidding process in order to maximize shareholder value.
It is worth pointing out that Circuit City has a 22% short position.Last on the list is Applied Biosystems Group (ABI). Steven Cohen of SAC Capital sent a letter to Applied Biosystems suggesting a sale of the company. Cohen said that his fund encouraged the company's board to take a number of actions and to explore all strategic alternatives. For more activist ideas, please check out the Latest Activist Situations, a Stockpickr portfolio that tracks the latest activist situations recorded by the StreetInsider.com 13D Tracker. You can also check out the latest activist filings from Barron's, a list we update every Saturday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV