Clinton's Namefolio Edges Out Obama's
Stockpickr.com launched NameFolio today, a Facebook application expected to increase brand awareness for Stockpickr among the Facebook community through a fun and easy-to-use viral tool.
Adding the application to one's Facebook profile generates a mock portfolio, the NameFolio, that contains 1000 shares of each company whose ticker symbol is found within the name of the account holder. From that point, users can compete against their friends by determining the valuation of their names. For example, at market close yesterday, May 5, the name "Hillary Clinton" was a more valuable name than the name "Barack Obama" because of how the letters of Clinton's name match up with the tickers in her NameFolio.
Clinton's stocks -- Hillenbrand (HI), Lumber Liquidators (LL), Agilent (A), Royal Bank of Canada (RY), Mack-Cali Realty (CLI), NetSuite (N) and San Anton Capital (TON.P) -- carry a Namefolio value of $168,180 at Monday's close.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV