Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Among the losers, HMS Holdings (HMSY), a provider of cost containment and payment accuracy services, slid 28% to $18.85. The New York company announced first-quarter income of $3.2 million, or 12 cents a share, vs. $3 million, or 11 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting 13 cents a share. HMS Holdings also reaffirmed 2008 revenue guidance for $170 million, slightly below the Street's estimate of $170.5 million.
Meanwhile, shares of RRsat Global (RRST), a provider of end-to-end content distribution and management services, tumbled 19% to $11.99 despite in-line earnings. The company posted adjusted first-quarter earnings of $3.4 million, or 20 cents a share, a 26% increase from the year-ago quarter. Analysts were looking for 20 cents a share.
Zoltek (ZOLT), a St. Louis, Mo., maker of carbon fibers and technical fibers, dropped 14% to $23.63. The company announced that there were errors in its previous financial statements dating back to Sept. 30, 2007, and in the quarter and year ended Dec. 31, 2007. Chief Financial Officer Kevin Schott resigned effective last Friday, May 2, the company said. Chairman and chief executive Zsolt Rumy will serve as interim CFO.PeopleSupport (PSPT) gave up 9.3% to $9.47. JMP Securities downgraded the Los Angeles-based business process outsourcing company to market perform from market outperform. On the winning side, flash memory and DRAM chipmaker Stec (STEC) climbed 15% to $10.71. The company posted non-GAAP income of 7 cents a share, up from 5 cents a share a year ago. The Street was looking for 3 cents a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV