Hedge Fund Manager Tells All in New Book
The book is being marketed as a gripping John Grisham-style tale of Wall Street.
It is true that it takes place on Wall Street, but it could only be gripping for the most wonkish of investors. And it lacks the decisive ending of even the most rudimentary thriller, financial or otherwise. But Fooling Some of the People All of the Time (Wiley) is nonfiction -- and all active investors should read it.
The book's author, hedge fund manager David Einhorn, is emerging as the public face of an industry that is, by regulation and tradition, freakishly private. Writing this book -- about a years-long investment that hasn't worked out -- just might be the most bumptious thing I've ever seen a hedge fund manager do.
Hedge Fund Legend Writes Must-Read
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV