Beat the Street: Still Flying With Airlines
HappyAss extended his lead in The Street.com's Beat the Street contest on Wednesday.
His portfolio remains all long airlines and now stands at $297,552. In fact, HappyAss added another airline, Continental (CAL), to his portfolio for Wednesday's change.
In second place is HenryH at $295,975. HenryH is also heavy on airlines but holds China Finance Online (JRJC) and is short Giant Interactive (GA). That is one of only two shorts among the portfolios of the top five players.
In third place was KMR33KMR, with $293,647. In fourth was Bklnman with $293,439, and StreetTrader rounded out the top five with $292,802.Registered players can go to the Beat the Street Web site and see what stocks the other players have chosen, and all players should keep abreast of the game in the Stockpickr forum. The next Beat the Street game will be held next week, so if you missed this week, you're only a few days away from your next chance to play. As we near the final trading day for Week 4 of Beat the Street, we wanted to share some of the game's trends. This week saw 5,568 contestants, and they were a decidedly bullish group in making their total 29,642 stock picks, as 23,444 buys were made, vs. 6,198 short sales. So what were the most popular stocks? Visa (V), which just reported its first quarter as a public company, was the most popular stock among players. Next up were Potash (POT), First Solar (FSLR), Apple (AAPL) and MasterCard (MA). So those are the trends; stay tuned to the market and be sure to sign up for Week 5 after the close tomorrow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV