Top Five Small-Cap Stocks
The company reported that its earnings for the second quarter of 2008 surged 95%, driven by strong revenue growth. Boosted by strong demand for its high-speed serial protocol solutions used in digital video and other products, total revenue for the quarter climbed 32% to $40.7 million, vs. $30.8 million in the year-ago quarter.
Net income for the quarter increased to $4.4 million, or 16 cents a share, from $2.26 million, or 8 cents a share, in the second quarter of 2007. The company expanded its ultra mobility solutions by launching two new USB switches that support USB High Speed capability and combine USB High Speed and audio signals for new cell phones and MP3 players.
Looking ahead, management expects revenue for the third quarter to be between $38.5 million and $40.7 million, with gross margin expected to be in the range of 36% to 37%. In addition, the company expects its interest income to be $1.4 million. However, weak demand for semiconductors, higher stock option expense, and a highly competitive market could restrict Pericom Semiconductor's future growth.
Our quantitative rating is based on a variety of historical fundamental and pricing data and represents our opinion of a stock's risk-adjusted performance relative to other stocks.However, the rating does not incorporate all of the factors that can alter a stock's performance. For example, it doesn't always factor in recent corporate or industry events that could affect the stock price, nor does it include recent technology developments and competitive dynamics that may affect the company. For those reasons, we believe that a rating alone cannot tell the whole story and that it should be part of an investor's overall research.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV