Top Five Small-Cap Stocks
We have rated Hooker a buy since February 2007. The company's record of earnings growth, its improvement in net income and its solid financial position all contribute to our rating. While revenue dropped 9.5% year over year for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008, Hooker improved EPS by 35% during the same period. Net income also increased in the fourth quarter, growing 30% to $4.6 million. Finally, the company's very low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.06 implies that there has been successful management of debt.
Looking forward to fiscal 2009, management expects business to remain challenging, but feels that Hooker has proved its ability to stay profitable in the current economic environment. The company is implementing numerous efforts to grow its business, including opening a West Coast distribution center and developing new product categories through recent acquisitions. The company is also attempting to eliminate waste, create value, and operate more efficiently in all its processes.
Bear in mind that Hooker's future results could be affected by the cyclical nature of the furniture industry, risks associated with the cost of imported goods, and transportation and distribution disruptions, among other risk factors.
Pericom (PSEM) designs, develops and markets high-performance interface integrated circuits (ICs) and frequency control products (FCPs) used in advanced electronic systems.Interface ICs transfer, route and time electrical signals among a system's microprocessor, memory, and various peripherals and between interconnected systems. FCPs are electronic components used as time and frequency clocks in electronic products ranging from computers and telecommunications switching equipment to cell phones and televisions. Pericom Semiconductor's interface products increase system bandwidth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV