Four Great Food-Factory Tours
Then it's on to a history of Scharffen Berger itself and a tasting of its chocolates such as the 41% milk almond bar with sea-salted almonds and the 82% cacao extra dark bar. The second part of your visit is a walk through the factory where the chocolate is actually made. Be sure to wear closed toe shoes for safety reasons, and go on a weekday if you want to see the machines operating.
End your trip with a stop at Café Cacao, a restaurant located in the factory, to indulge in sweets such as chocolate-layered cake filled with whipped chocolate ganache and topped with a bittersweet chocolate glaze.
Public tours are free and run every day from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must be reserved ahead of time. Private tours can be arranged ahead of time for $35 a person. Visit the Web site for more information.
Ben and Jerry's -- Waterbury, Vt.The guided tour at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV