D. Thomas Wins $5,000 in Beat the Street Contest
Note: All winning portfolios and players are subject to verification.
Wow! What an exciting finish to our first trading week at the Beat the Street contest. It was a very close race, with only $776.12 separating first and second place.
The bears took charge from the ring of the morning bell off the painful General Electric (GE) numbers and allowed D. Thomas, under the player name "Rudegal," to catapult into first place.
Thomas vaulted from eighth place yesterday, led by an all-short portfolio returning an amazing 15.8% for the week. The winning picks are National City (NCC), MF Global (MF), First Marblehead (FMD), MCG Capital (MCGC) and Steelcase (SCS).As you get ready for Week 2 of the game, be sure to review the following articles, which should give you a leg up on the competition: The weekly Rocket Stocks portfolio features stocks that have the potential to move fast to the upside. Keep an eye on these. Also, be sure to review Friday's Mad Money Recap, and Jim Cramer's portfolios of the week. Last week, James Altucher shared his insights on How to Win Beat the Street, and all competitors should review that. And if you're bearish on the market, check out How to Beat the Street: Short-Selling. If you didn't play in Week 1, one of the features of this contest is that each Tuesday you can make one change to your five stocks. Keep an eye out for the weekly Power Stocks article for ideas on what you should swap in. And get some ideas on the Beat The Street forum: Ask questions, post ideas and share thoughts on stocks with the rest of the community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV