Beat the Street: Bull and Bear Neck and Neck
As we enter the final day of trading in Week 1 of TheStreet.com's Beat the Street stock contest looks like it will come down to the wire, with less than $500 separating the two leaders and $5000 separating no. 1 from no. 5.
The leader coming into today's trading, which will key on GE's disappointing earnings report, is Wave03, who has an all-long portfolio valued at $284,964. The five picks are FCStone (FCSX), Chattem (CHTT), Intervoice (INTV), Apogee (APOG) and Layne Christensen (LAYN).
Cramer: One Way to Play 'Beat the Street'
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV