'Fast Money' Pops and Drops: Chips Ahoy
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Wednesday.
Iomega (IOM) popped 5%. Pete Najarian said everyone's been talking about this company, and something finally happened.
Sealy (ZZ) was up 7%. Jeff Macke said that this is an opportunity to sell.
DropsThe Pantry (PTRY) dropped 26%. Adami said the stock is down 67% from June. The company guided to a loss because of hedging losses, and that accounts for the drop, he said. Cosan (CZZ) fell 2%. Tim Seymour said the company is the largest ethanol producer in Brazil, but the government is taxing them heavily. It's an interesting story, but a challenging market, he said. Amazon.com (AMZN) was down 4%. Macke said Lehman Brothers lowered estimates on the online retailer. Visa (V) slipped down 3%. Adami said the stock still has downside. Ternium (TX) gave up 10%. Seymour said that he believes the stock is overdone to the downside, but we don't know the end of the story. Men's Wearhouse (MW) plummeted 7%. It's a tough time to be a retailer, Macke said. Greenbrier (GBX) was off 6%. Adami said the company is a Carl Icahn favorite. He said he likes the stock, and he recommended buying it on a pullback. AT&T (T) tumbled 2%. Najarian said that when the market started to fall, investors took profits in AT&T.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV