Apple Facing the Great iPhone Shortage
SAN FRANCISCO -- Apple's (AAPL) flagship retail store in downtown San Francisco is usually filled with shoppers trying to get their hands on the company's latest products, including the iPhone.
That's a problem now. The best that buyers interested in the iPhone can do is play with the models on the floor.
A representative at the San Francisco store said they have run out of iPhones for sale and don't know when the next shipments are coming in.
The San Francisco store isn't the only outlet experiencing shortages. Apple's 8GB and 16GB iPhones are reportedly out of stock at most Apple retail stores in the U.S.
iPhone Shortage - The CTIA Reaction
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV