'Fast Money Pops & Drops': Oh No, Moto
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Thursday.
PopsSolarfun (SOLF) popped 17%. Karen Finerman said she's not getting involved in this one.
DropsMotorola (MOT) dropped 5%. Finerman said that the stock gave back all of yesterday's gains. She said the split of the company isn't working out.
XM Satellite Radio (XMSR) was down 8%. Jeff Macke said that Justice Department approval of the company's merger with Sirius (SIRI) is half the battle. The Federal Communications Commission is less of a laydown than people expected. The merger isn't done yet, he warned.
Research In Motion (RIMM) lost 5%. Pete Najarian said they're just playing the range here. "Why not take profits?" he asked.
Perdigao (PDA) fell 6%. Tim Seymour said that the company cannot pass on higher commodity prices, but still believes the company's an interesting story.Netflix (NFLX) ticked down 4%. Macke said the stock's had a great run. He said he was wrong about the company being dead, or at least he was early. Robbins & Myers (RBN) got a 22% haircut. Najarian said that the engineering equipment company is in the right sector at the right time but can't reach estimates. That's a problem, he said. Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) slipped 4%. Seymour said the decline was linked to a drop in Chinese stocks. It's still a good story, he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV