Five Ways to Help Those Struggling With Finances
The group can pick a different personal-finance topic to focus on each month with all the members contributing their knowledge and experience to help others in the group with financial issues.
It's amazing the number of new ideas on ways to save money, improve your finances and how to best invest that you can learn when in a group setting where people are bouncing ideas off one another.
5. Begin a Personal-Finance Book Club
In the same light as a finance study group, starting a personal finance book club can be an excellent way to improve your finances while talking about new ideas learned from the many personal finance books out there.
Since everyone is a bit different, different personal finance books will appeal to different people, but reading a wide range of them will lay a solid foundation for the entire group while at the same time helping each individual find those financial tricks that work best for their personality. Combined together, everyone in the group should make great strides in getting their finances in top shape.Even those who don't want to commit to a personal finance book club can still help others. If you are already in a book club, suggest a personal-finance book as reading material for one of your meetings. This can be a first step to helping people take an in-depth look at the way they are spending their money.
These are just a few ways that you can pay forward the help you have received from others in getting your own personal finances in order. Make an effort to help pass along quality information to help others so they will not only survive this economic downturn, but also make their personal finances thrive in the years to come.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV