Monday's Winners & Losers: Level 3
Updated from 4:41 p.m. EDT
Shares of Level 3 Communications (LVLT) sank 31 cents, or 14.2%, to $1.87 after company president and Chief Operating Officer Kevin O'Hara stepped down, effective immediately. Level 3 also terminated its previously disclosed search for a new CFO, saying incumbent Sunit Patel will continue in the role.
Shares of VMware (VMW) declined $3.94, or 7.7%, to $47.51, hitting a new 52-week low.
The stock is down nearly 40% since Jan. 28, when the company forecast growth of 50% for 2008, down from a 85% growth rate in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV