'Fast Money' Recap Pops and Drops': Malaysia Malaise
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Monday.
Nationwide Financial (NFS) popped 26%. Karen Finerman said that buyout activity was responsible for the jump in share price.
PowerShares DB Agriculture (DBA) rose 2%. Tim Seymour attributed the move to a rising emerging market consumer.
Citigroup (C) dropped 6%. Najarian said excessive banking fears caused the stock to drop.AK Steel (AKS) fell 10%. Adami said that on a bad day, the steel names underperform. On the other hand, he said investors like Harbinger are accumulating steel names. iShares MSCI Malaysia (EWM) was down 12%. Seymour said that the Malaysia stock market is down 25% over the past weeks. The recent election wasn't the only factor, he said. He urged viewers to put money into Taiwan. Rio Tinto (RTP) lost 6%. MannKind (MNKD) stumbled 10%. Najarian said that as other drugmakers get out of inhaled insulin drugs, investors are getting out of MannKind, the only company still in that business. Blue Nile (NILE) ticked down 5%. Guy Adami noted heavy short interest in the name.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV