The Best of TheStreet.com: How to Survive a Slowdown
As a follow-up to "TheStreet.com Roundup: Volatility Investing," here is an index of recent articles and videos on how to get a grip on the current investing climate.
Kass: Ten Good Reasons to Cry: According RealMoney's Doug Kass, the market's 10% rise from January's bottom has reduced future opportunities. He has multiple concerns. The first of which: "We are at recession's doorstep."
Eight Reasons There Won't Be a Recession: New RealMoney contributor Vincent Farrell Jr. says things are bad, but they aren't even close to dire.
Cramer: The Rich Don't Fret, but You Should: Jim Cramer writes, "When you are really rich who the heck cares if you sit in cash for the next 18 months. It doesn't hurt you." Fat cats don't need to worry about finding the right stocks. You do, so here is Cramer's help.Cramer: Three Money-Making Sectors: It takes a lot of homework, but you can make money in agriculture, oil and gold, says Jim Cramer. In particular, Cramer identifies Deere (DE) as "a very important part of the worldwide economy." Fearing a Recession? Invest in These India Funds: Sam Patel, TheStreet.com Ratings' mutual fund research manager, writes, "Outsourcing centers such as India may stand to benefit from the financial pressures generated by a global slowdown." Patel covers two
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV