'Fast Money Pops and Drops': Papa John's Is Cookin'
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Wednesday.
Toll Brothers (TOL) was up 3%. Jeff Macke said you've got to like the price action on results this bad.
Homex (HMX) rose 4%. Tim Seymour called the stock a good story.
Cisco (CSCO) ticked up 4%. Pete Najarian said the numbers look outstanding.IHOP (IHP) jumped 10%. Karen Finerman had thought results from newly acquired Applebee's would be bad, but they weren't. Tenet Health Care (THC) lifted 2%. Najarian said the stock was still riding on yesterday's news that health care spending will increase. Papa John's (PZZA) ticked up 9%. Seymour attributed the pop to strong guidance. Brasil Telecom (BRP) got goosed for 5%. Seymour suggested that a UBS upgrade and talk of a dividend increase were responsible. He said he liked the stock.
DropsCostco (COST) dropped 2%. Macke recommended buying, saying the company was a great merchant. Solarfun (SOLF) fell down 13%. Finerman called Solarfun "ridiculous." She cautioned investors to stay away. Nortel (NT) slipped 13%. Najarian said the company has been struggling and hasn't made money in a year and a half. Lamar (LAMR) was down 7%. Macke said advertising money wasn't coming in. Carters (CRI) plummeted 24%. Finerman called the company's earnings a huge miss. Avoid it, she advised.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV