'Fast Money Pops and Drops': Ford Revs Up
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Monday.
SPDR Homebuilders ETF (XHB) popped 4%. Karen Finerman said the housing data was bad, but not unbelievably bad.
Ford (F) climbed 4%. Guy Adami noted the company was about to sell Land Rover and Jaguar. He likes the name, but says he is one of the only ones to get behind the stock.
Warner Music Group (WMG) rose 13%. Jeff Macke instructed viewers to sell the strength, because the music industry is going nowhere.Genentech (DNA) ticked up 9%. Adami suggested that traders take profits, but investors should hold on. Perfect World (PWRD) was up 12%. Macke said he likes Nintendo and Activision (ATVI) more. He saw the price increase as a nice opportunity to get out. Agria (GRO) lifted 9%. Pete Najarian told viewers to stick with North American agriculture players Mosaic (MOS), Monsanto (MON) or Potash (POT). Dell (DELL) shot up 3%. Finerman was skeptical that there was more upside for the company.
DropsNorthwest Airlines (NWA) fell 3%. Najarian said oil prices are killing the stock. Freddie Mac (FRE) fell 2%. Finerman called Goldman Sachs' downgrade of the company "just being mean." She wondered why Goldman would pour extra bad news onto the troubled company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV