Take-Two Could Drive Even Higher
So far, Take-Two's management hasn't said it wants to keep the company independent but rather that it would like to evaluate its options once Grand Theft Auto IV releases -- a game it has pinned high hopes on.
|EA's recent major acqusitions|
By then it may be too late and EA could lose interest, warns Bhatia. "Beyond GTA IV, Take-Two's visibility goes down quite a bit."
If Take-Two's management continues to reject EA's bid, EA has another alternative, points out Michael Pachter, an analyst for Wedbush Morgan. "If the deal remains hostile, I think that EA can withdraw their bid, nominate a slate of directors, and buy stock on the open market."Either way, Take-Two's shareholders are likely to emerge the winner because Take-Two's share price is likely to go higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV