Chicago Bear Hillenmeyer's Three Disciplined Buys
If you look hard, you can find critics of all three of these stocks. It seems like there are at least a few bears out there for every bull these days. My only advice, from a guy who does his research just like those of you reading this article, is to trust yourself.
Obviously, there are people out there whose full time job is just to analyze and report on activity within a specific sector 24/7. If that guy cannot figure out which companies to believe in or stay away from better than you and I, he should probably find a new job. Warren Buffett always says he will never invest in a company where he does not understand how it makes its money.
I think that great bit of advice can also be extended to that researcher whose advice we hold onto with such high esteem. If I cannot follow the logic or reasoning behind what some analyst tells me to do, I am very unlikely to spring to action on his or her advice. Hopefully, by trying to understand the meaning behind the ratings, or the "hot tips" we all come across, I can avoid simply following the herd to mediocre results. By trusting experts whose advice makes sense, rather than blindly following some analyst who might just be following the guy in front of him, even those of us with plenty of priorities ahead of staring at a computer screen might end up ahead of the curve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV