'Fast Money' Recap 'Pops and Drops': Onyx Overwhelmed
Here's what CNBC's "Fast Money" traders had to say about some of the market's biggest movers on their "Pops and Drops" segment Tuesday.
AIG (AIG) was up 2%. Karen Finerman attributed the pop to a favorable Barron's piece but said she didn't understand the case.
ImClone (IMCL) jumped 3%. Jeff Macke advised staying away from biotech.
Tesoro (TSO) climbed 5%. Tim Seymour said to own the stock for the next six weeks.Steve Madden (SHOO) ticked up 9%. Finerman called the move "interesting." The company said it wasn't for sale, announced a Dutch auction and posted good numbers, she said. Office Max (OMX) rose 5%. Macke recommended selling some tomorrow. Holly (HOC) rocketed 12%. Guy Adami proclaimed he loves the story but instructed viewers to take some off. Barclays (BCS) went up 10%. Finerman said the U.K. banks got a lift because everything wasn't as bad as people had thought. Corinthian Colleges (COCO) took off 14%. Adami said he saw a little room on the upside. Corporate Express (CXP) floated up 39%. Macke said he liked the Dutch office-supply company. Harmony Gold (HUM) took off 10%. Seymour said the lagging stock was finally catching up to its sector.
DropsClear Channel (CCU) fell 4%. Adami said there was a lot of noise around the stock. He said he doesn't like litigation, but the stock is interesting at $30. Suntech (STP) slipped 5%. Seymour called the trade "concerning" for the broader market. Onyx Pharma (ONXX) tumbled 25%. Adami said the fall indicates that a biotech stock can be "taken out to the woodshed" at any time. To view the full "Fast Money" recap, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV