EA Sees a Blockbuster in Spore
In other words, Spore could meet estimates but that may not be enough to please investors who are looking for more in a market where even the slightest disappointment could have a big negative impact on the stock.
EA also needs to reassure investors who have been holding on to the stock. Over the last two years, EA shares have declined 3.2% while rival Activision's (ATVI) stock soared 55%. Shares of EA closed up 29 cents, or 0.6%, to $48.72 Friday.
The Spore game has been designed for five playable levels -- cell, creature, tribe, civilization and space. In the first level users create microorganisms and try to nourish them and keep them alive. From there they move to the next phase where the microorganisms can evolve into creatures and be organized into tribes.
Next comes the civilization phase where gamers can create cities and when they earn enough points players can launch their civilizations into the space to search for new planets.
|Click here for larger image.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV