Jim Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Buy XTO
Pick up some XTO Energy (XTO), Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment Thursday.
"Natural gas is on fire," Cramer said. Calling the company's secondary offering a "special opportunity," Cramer urged investors to get on board. "Every one of its secondaries has been a buy ever since its initial public offering. ... Call your broker and say, 'I want in on the secondary.'" Cramer lauded CEO Bob Simpson, adding that XTO is the best of the natural gas companies, beating solid performers Apache (APA), Anadarko (APC) and Devon (DVN).
Cramer offered a less rosy take on Lundin Mining (LMC), saying, "Someone's gotta put that company out of its misery." Cramer did mention that CEO Karl-Axel Waplan is a "standup guy," for taking conference-call beatings "like a man" every time his company disappoints.
As Erin Burnett presented Cramer with several pairs of boxer shorts selected by "Fast Money" trader Guy Adami, Cramer said that anyone relating Liz Claiborne (LIZ) to the rest of the apparel industry is wrong. The company's shares had tumbled on lowered 2008 guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV