Glimpsing Garmin's New Phone
BARCELONA, Spain -- OK. Now I feel complete.
I've finally seen and held a Garmin (GRMN) nuvifone.
In all honesty, it wasn't a real nuvifone. It was a sorta nuvifone.
Let me explain.Garmin brought a few semi-operational nuvifones to display here at the 2008 Mobile World Congress. I call them semi-operational because the screen lights up. But we're not sure what else they can do. That's because they're kept locked away. In display cases. Under glass. I'm now nicknaming it the Pheasant phone!
Nokia Makes Its Own News
European mobile-phone giant Nokia (NOK) has created the largest, most hospitable display booth at the show. The multilevel masterpiece is turning out to be the hip meeting place at the show. The free refreshments also play a part in the appeal.
The BlackBerry Blackout
Some thoughts about BlackBerry's North American service outage Monday afternoon. From the European point of view, it was only a big deal for visitors from North America. They were the Crackberry users who went without their email for hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV