If McCain Wins, So Could These Funds
One political reality has emerged from the primary madness this week: Sen. John McCain is within reach of the Republican Party nomination for president.
Intrade, a current-events wagering Web site, puts his chances of securing the Republican nomination at nearly 94%. After cleaning up on Super Tuesday in winner-take-all victories in nine of 21 states, McCain has a commanding lead in the delegate count. That includes wins California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, and Missouri -- five of the six largest contests.
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the closest competitor to the Arizona senator, announced Thursday he is suspending his campaign. With Romney gone and McCain having a 4-to-1 delegate advantage over the other challenger, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, the Republican nomination race can be wrapped up by March 4, assuming a McCain sweep in the remaining primaries.
While I am not predicting the outcome of the general election, McCain's ascendancy invites the question, "What mutual funds or exchange-traded funds might do well during a John McCain presidency?" (To give equal time for all major candidates, I later will look at investments that would do well under a Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama presidency.)On his
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV