Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Updated from 2:17 p.m. EST with new stock prices
Small-cap stocks couldn't catch a break Tuesday, failing along with their broader-market counterparts to shore up investor support. The Russell 2000 sold off 3% to 701.80, and the S&P SmallCap 600 dropped 2.8% to 369.29.
Shares of San Jose, Calif.-based
(SIRF) continued Monday's evening's after-hours wipeout, losing more than half their value Tuesday to $7.36 on
Also breaking down was Powerwave Technologies (PWAV), shares of which fell 14.2% to $3.27. Last night, the Santa Ana, Calif., wireless company announced a fourth-quarter pro forma loss of $8.8 million, or 7 cents a share. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting a loss of a penny a share. For the year, including charges, Powerwave lost $308.7 million, or $2.37 a share, vs. $137.5 million, or $1.19 a share, in 2006.On the winning side, shares of Standard Pacific (SPF) jumped 6.7% to $4.91. Despite a loss of $440.9 million, or $6.80 a share, compared with $98.4 million, or $1.53 a share, a year ago, investors were comforted by the Irvine, Calif., homebuilder's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV