Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Snow White and the Markets
Cramer said Intuitive Surgical beat its numbers fair and square, and when a company beats every metric Wall Street is looking for, that's a company he wants to invest in.
Jim welcomed Michael McCallister, CEO of longtime Cramer favorite Humana (HUM) to the show for details on the company's most recent earnings.
McCallister said Humana, one of the largest players in the Medicare market, is taking full advantage of the changing demographics in the US. He noted the company reported a 69% jump in earnings in the past quarter and raised its guidance for 2008.
He said the company plans to grow through focused acquisitions and is not opposed to buying back shares if it's in the best interest of its shareholders.Asked about the upcoming election, McCallister said just about any Medicare reform plan will benefit providers such as Humana. Cramer told investors to buy Humana on any weakness.
The Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), ValueClick (VCLK), Wachovia (WB), Sierra Wireless (SWIR), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Terex (TEX), Walt Disney (DIS), Wellpoint (WLP) and Humana (HUM). Cramer was bearish on Aqua America (WTR), Time Warner (TWX), Isle of Capri Casinos (ISLE) and Cerner (CERN). Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV