Be the Master of Your Cubicle's Climate
These days, most offices are properly warmed and cooled to create a pleasant indoor climate.
In theory, you should always be comfortable (at least temperature-wise) while you're at your desk.
The key operating phrase here is "in theory".
Office temperatures are never perfect for everyone. There's always someone who is freezing cold unless it feels like a tropical rain forest indoors. Then there are your co-workers who would prefer to eschew central heating altogether -- wear two extra sweaters and a parka at their desks -- rather than being overheated.Never is everyone satisfied.
|Photo credit: Herman Miller|
Luckily, Herman Miller (MLHR) now has a solution to this burning (freezing?) problem. The keepers of the ubiquitous Aeron office chair, along with designs from the likes of Charles Eames and George Nelson, have come up with a device for the climate-challenged. They call it C2 from their "be collection." C2 is a personal heating and cooling device that sits on your desk. Its shape reminds me of a short, squat version of the iconic Ericophone telephone handset from the 1950s.
C2 Mini Climate Controller: So Cool, So Hot
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV