Be the Master of Your Cubicle's Climate
These days, most offices are properly warmed and cooled to create a pleasant indoor climate.
In theory, you should always be comfortable (at least temperature-wise) while you're at your desk.
The key operating phrase here is "in theory".
Office temperatures are never perfect for everyone. There's always someone who is freezing cold unless it feels like a tropical rain forest indoors. Then there are your co-workers who would prefer to eschew central heating altogether -- wear two extra sweaters and a parka at their desks -- rather than being overheated.Never is everyone satisfied.
|Photo credit: Herman Miller|
Luckily, Herman Miller (MLHR) now has a solution to this burning (freezing?) problem. The keepers of the ubiquitous Aeron office chair, along with designs from the likes of Charles Eames and George Nelson, have come up with a device for the climate-challenged. They call it C2 from their "be collection." C2 is a personal heating and cooling device that sits on your desk. Its shape reminds me of a short, squat version of the iconic Ericophone telephone handset from the 1950s.
C2 Mini Climate Controller: So Cool, So Hot
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV