Microsoft's Deal Needs Time to Digest
Microsoft (MSFT) would do well to recall the ancient proverb: Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
The Redmond, Wash., software giant's $44.6 billion bid for Yahoo! (YHOO) will face "enormous execution issues," if it succeeds, Directions on Microsoft analyst Jeff Parker said Friday. "My mind reels from the complexity."
But the move "shows how serious they are about competing with Google (GOOG)," Parker added, speculating that Microsoft is trying to preclude Google from acquiring Yahoo!.
Cramer: Microsoft and Yahoo! - Woo-Hoo!
Mahoo, Yicrosoft, Mirco Who?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV