How Ohio State Fund Invests Its $24 Million
SIM Quick Facts
- Established: 1990
- Membership: Approximately 30 each academic quarter
- Application process: Students sign up as they would for any other class
- Money under management: $24.3 million (approximate current value)
- Portfolio/fund type: One
stockportfolio, currently with 27 holdings
S&P 500 Index(SPX)
- Time-horizon/style: Long-term,
Now entering its 18th year, the SIM program at Ohio State's Fisher College of Business started in February 1990 with $5 million of the university's endowment. "No doubt about it, they're the very top in size, and they have been since their creation. The other schools are still catching up," says Dr. Edward Lawrence, a professor of finance at the University of Missouri who is conducting a survey of the world's student-run investment funds. (According to Lawrence, depending on daily fluctuations in portfolio valuation, the University of Minnesota's student-run fund could potentially tie the size of Ohio State's SIM fund.)
Structured like a class, SIM students become
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV