Cramer's 'Mad Money Lightning Round': Take State Street
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Thursday evening:
Vasco Data Security (VDSI): "The quarter was bad. It got absolutely hammered. ... Let's hold it to the mid-$20s."Melco (MPEL): "SellSellSell. ... I don't even like Las Vegas Sands (VDSI), which we caught a double in over a two-year period. ... I am done with those stocks." Albany Molecular (AMRI): "It's a speculative play in a market where I like Covance (CVD)." State Street (STT): "The shorts were jumping all over it. ... State Street and Bank of New York (BK): two that did not screw up and deserve to be rewarded." Spectra Energy (SE): "I would use that pullback. ... It seems like a great story ... I don't know why it's down so much... I would buy it hand over fist." Horsehead Holding (ZINC): "The worldwide recession fears came. ... I would not sell it down here. ... I don't want to give up on ZINC." International Game Technology (IGT): "I know the quarter was good. ... The wind is out of the sails on the gaming business. ... I think we've reached the outer limits." Southwest (LUV): "I have only momentarily recommended Continental Airlines (CAL). ... I do not want to own an airline stock."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV