Where to Stash Your Retirement Cash
Editor's note: Ask TheStreet is designed to answer questions about the market, terms, strategies and investment methods. Please email us to ask a question, but keep in mind that we cannot offer specific investment- or stock-related advice.
What do I need to know about contributing money to an IRA vs. a 401(k)? Also, I thought that if I have a 401(k) plan at work that I could not contribute to an IRA as well. -- J.K.
Welcome to Retirement Savings
We all know that saving for retirement is a very big deal, but let's face it: Retirement accounts can be intimidating. With no fewer than 11 different kinds of IRAs out there, it can be compelling to just put off setting up your retirement accounts for another day. That's a mistake, according to Stuart Ritter, a
How to Make a Smooth Transition Into Retirement
Why Retirement Accounts MatterThere's saving for a rainy day, and then there's saving for retirement. While you should do both (see "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV