The Top Dividend Stocks of the Week
A good way to start off the new year is with a dividend increase on one of your stocks. There were several stocks that increased their dividends, and Stockpickr has compiled a list of the top 10 stocks that increased their dividends for the week: Top Dividend-Increasers for the Week Ending 1-12-08.
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) is one of these companies, having raised its quarterly dividend 40% to 17.5 cents a share. This company is in the business of producing iron ore pellets for integrated steel companies. The stock has a price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 19 and a yield of 0.8%.
Cleveland-Cliffs is a stock owned by Tontine Partners, a hedge fund with a few billion dollars under management that was up over 100% in both 2003 and 2005. Other stocks it holds are Wabash National (WNC), which has a yield of 2.3%, Trinity Industries (TRN), yielding 1.1%, and Ryland Group (RYL), which has a 2% yield.
Corus Entertainment (CJR) is another stock that raised its annual dividend, bumping it up by 20 cents, or 20%. In addition to its dividend increase, the Toronto, Ontario-based television and radio company just announced a 2-for-1 stock split. The stock has a P/E of 17.5 and a yield of 2.3%.Corus also shows up in the Stockpickr portfolio MSN Money 40 Best Technicals, which, as its name suggests, lists the top technical stocks according to MSN Money. Other stocks in the portfolio include Albemarle (ALB), with a yield of 1.1%, Goldcorp (GG), with a 0.5% yield, and Heico (HEI), which has a yield of 0.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV